- How dropping acid saved my life | Guardian
Interesting piece on microdosing LSD for depression, with added boomer rage.
(tags: psych books depression mentalhealth science drugs writing wellness )
- Bill Perry Is Terrified. Why Aren’t You? | POLITICO Magazine
The wheel turns. "This time there is a world of busy fanatics excited by the prospect of a planet with more [nuclear] bombs—people who have already demonstrated the desire to slaughter many thousands of people in an instant, and are zealously pursuing ever more deadly means to do so."
(tags: coldwardinosaur fuckwits drumpf politics putinonthereich )
- Slaughter at the bridge: Uncovering a colossal Bronze Age battle | Science
100 years before the fall of Troy, an epic conflict we know nothing about.
(tags: history archaeology )
- Scientists Now Know How Many Trees You Need to See to Relax | Big Think
(tags: wellness psych churnalism mentalhealth urban ecology )
- The Scottish pioneer whose plan for a basic income could transform Britain | Guardian
"At its core is a message from the state to the individual, saying ‘we actually give a damn about you and we’ll treat you with respect’."
(tags: economy welfare scotland basicincome politics news handwringingLeftyGuardianistasFTW )
- The UBI already exists for the 1% | Medium
"The UBI does not invent passive income. It merely doles it out evenly to everyone in society, rather than in very concentrated amounts to the richest people in society."
(tags: basicincome economics politics welfare )